Thursday, October 7, 2010

grubwork

Grubwork: loosely defined: the amount of activity you need to do to EARN your grub! It only makes sense that you need to put some fuel in the car...but, not if you haven't driven it anywhere, and the tank is full.
Today's grubwork for me..mowing the lawn. I also have to work for three hours at the Subway, and some of the tasks are pretty physical. Some of my duties require both speed, endurance, and sometimes even concentration, and although not as strenuous as the yardwork, still count as activity.  
I am tempering that activity with a nice, long lounge in the sun in my favorite chair.
For grub? Well, so far, I have downed a yoo-hoo, and some sauteed cabbage with shaved carrots, that my daughter made before leaving for work. I think the leftover tuna on a toasty, seeded roll will tide me over 'til dinner. Tonight's choice, a toasted veggie with provolone on a honey-oat wheat roll~ don't really care what time it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment